Implementing SAFe® 5.0 with SPC5 Certification – Sydney
August 3, 2020 @ 8:30 am - August 6, 2020 @ 5:30 pm$3695
During this four-day course, attendees will learn how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation by leveraging the practices and principles of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), as well as the five core competencies of the Lean Enterprise. Attendees will also gain insights and practice how to coach programs, launch Agile Release Trains, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with DevOps culture, and a Lean Portfolio. The first two days of the course—Leading SAFe®—will provide them with the basis to teach SAFe to leaders. The final two days focus exclusively on what it takes to successfully implement SAFe in the enterprise.
Becoming a Certified SAFe® 4 Program Consultant (SPC), and becoming a change agent, will enable attendees to coach and guide the enterprise to succeed in a disruptive marketplace and empower them to implement a Lean-Agile SAFe transformation.
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a Certified SAFe® 5 Program Consultant (SPC).
Note: Attendees must attend all four days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
The course is intended for those who will be materially and directly involved in a SAFe adoption. This includes enterprise leaders, practitioners, change agents, and consultants responsible for implementing Agile programs and portfolios as part of an enterprise Lean-Agile change initiative. Attendees typically include:
- Professional Services Consultants
- Internal Change Agents, Lean-Agile Center for Excellence (LACE) participants, Agile Working Groups
- Business and Technology Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors
- Portfolio Managers and Fiduciaries, Project/Program Management Office (PMO) personnel
- Development, QA and IT management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Managers
- Process Leads and Lifecycle Governance Personnel
- Enterprise, System and Solution Architects
All attendees at Pretty Agile Implementing SAFe classes receive a complimentary copy of Tribal Unity by Em Campbell-Pretty.
Why choose SAFe training from Pretty Agile?
Our trainers are all experienced real world practitioners with no less than 5 years full time experience working with SAFe. In a Pretty Agile SAFe class we go beyond the standard slides by sharing our wide and varied implementation experience. Our team prides itself on delivering classes full of practical takeaways. Should you wish to continue your SAFe journey post the class, the team at Pretty Agile is able to support your organisation as an implementation partner.
To perform the role of a SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC), attendees should be able to:
- Lead an enterprise Lean-Agile transformation
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Empower a Lean Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common language and way of working
- Perform value stream identification
- Launch and support Agile Release Trains, and coordinate Large Solutions
- Build and execute an implementation rollout strategy
- Configure the Framework for a specific enterprise context
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe
- Continue their learning journey and become enabled to train other SAFe roles in the enterprise
Leading SAFe® (Day 1 & 2)
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Becoming a Lean-Agile Leader
- Creating High-Performing Teams and Trains
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) Planning
- Releasing on Demand with DevOps
- Building Business Solutions and Lean Systems
- Implementing Lean Portfolio Management
Implementing SAFe® (Day 3 & 4)
- Reaching the SAFe Tipping Point
- Designing the Implementation
- Launching an ART
- Coaching ART Execution
- Extending to the Portfolio
- Sustaining and Improving
- Becoming an SAFe 4 Program Consultant (SPC)
All stakeholders in a Lean-Agile transformation are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
At Pretty Agile we recommend taking Leading SAFe with SAFe Agilist (SA) certification prior to Implementing SAFe.
However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Program Consultant exam and practice as a Certified SAFe® 4 Program Consultant (SPC):
5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
3+ years of experience in Agile
One or more relevant Agile certifications
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 30 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI- ACP certifications
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance