Lean Portfolio Management with LPM certification – Melbourne
February 19, 2020 @ 8:30 am - February 21, 2020 @ 5:30 pm$2995
This is a three-day interactive course that provides a workshop-type of experience.
In this course, attendees will gain the practical tools and techniques necessary to implement the Lean Portfolio Management functions of Strategy and Investment Funding, Agile Portfolio Operations and Lean Governance.
Participants in the course will have the opportunity to capture the current and the future state of their portfolio with the Portfolio Canvas tool and identify important business initiatives for achieving the future state. Participants will be able to establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban and prioritize initiatives for maximum economic benefit. The course also provides insights on how to establish Value Stream Budgets and Lean Budget Guardrails and measure the Lean portfolio performance.
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® 5 Lean Portfolio Manager (LPM).
Note: Attendees must attend all three days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Attendees typically include:
- Executives and Leaders (CIOs, CEOs, CFOs, CTOs and VPs)
- Enterprise Architects
- Product Managers and Solution Managers
- Business Unit Managers
- Program Office Personnel
- SPCs and Enterprise Agile Coaches
- Human Resources
- Epic Owners
Why choose SAFe training from Pretty Agile?
Our trainers are all experienced real world practitioners with no less than 5 years full time experience working with SAFe. In a Pretty Agile SAFe class we go beyond the standard slides by sharing our wide and varied implementation experience. Our team prides itself on delivering classes full of practical takeaways. Should you wish to continue your SAFe journey post the class, the team at Pretty Agile is able to support your organisation as an implementation partner.
- Describe Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Connect the portfolio to enterprise strategy
- Establish the Portfolio Vision
- Implement Lean Budgeting and Guardrails
- Establish flow with the Portfolio Kanban
- Support operational excellence with Agile PMO and CoPs
- Coordinate Value Streams
- Measure the LPM performance
- Build a plan for LPM implementation
- Introducing Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Establishing Strategy and Investment Funding
- Applying Agile Portfolio Operations
- Applying Lean Governance
- Implementing the LPM function
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience.
However, the following recommendations will make the training more productive.
• Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
• Attended a Leading SAFe or SAFe PO/PM course
• Experience working in a SAFe environment
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for up to 24 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.