Leading SAFe 4.6 (including SAFe Agilist certification) – Melbourne
November 26 @ 9:00 am - November 27 @ 5:00 pm$1095
During this two-day course, attendees will gain the knowledge necessary to lead a Lean-Agile enterprise by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®), and its underlying principles derived from Lean, systems thinking, Agile development, product development flow, and DevOps. They will also learn and practice the skills for supporting and executing PI Planning events, and coordinating multiple Agile Release Trains (ARTs).
Attendees will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset, why it’s so effective in today’s adapt-or-die marketplace, and what it means to lead a Lean-Agile transformation. They’ll also learn how to build and support Agile teams and programs, empower a Lean Portfolio, build a Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, and coordinate large solutions. They will develop a skillset that’s in demand worldwide—and empower their enterprises to succeed in a disruptive marketplace—when they become a SAFe® 4 Agilist (SA).
Executives, managers and Agile change agents responsible for leading a Lean|Agile change initiative in the larger software enterprise. The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Executives and Leaders, Managers, Directors, CIOs, and VPs
- Development, QA and Infrastructure Management
- Program and Project Managers
- Product and Product Line Management
- Portfolio Managers, PMO, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, System and Solution Architects
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA)
To perform the role of a Lean-Agile Leader, you should be able to:
- Apply SAFe to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise
- Recognize and apply a Lean-Agile Mindset and principles
- Plan and successfully execute Program Increments
- Support DevOps and continuous value delivery
- Empower a Lean Portfolio
- Coordinate the development of large solutions
- Enhance your Lean-Agile leadership skills
- Support a Lean-Agile transformation in your enterprise
1. Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
2. Embracing a Lean-Agile Mindset
3. Understanding SAFe Principles
4. Creating high-performing teams and programs
5. Experiencing PI Planning
6. Exploring, Executing and Releasing Value
7. Leading the Lean-Agile Enterprise
8. Empowering a Lean Portfolio
9. Building Large Solutions
What Attendees Get
The class registration includes:
Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Agilist exam
One year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
Course certificate of completion
Note: Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to be eligible for the exam.
All attendees at Pretty Agile Leading SAFe classes receive a complimentary copy of Tribal Unity by Em Campbell-Pretty.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4 Agilist (SA) certification exam:
5+ years’ experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product, or project management
Experience in Scrum
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.